Here’s How to Prepare Cucumber & Tomato Salad in Minutes
The hardest part of dieting is to control unwanted hunger pangs. If you’re looking to lose weight or keep it off, you might have heard many times stop overeating you should control your hunger. It’s true somewhere. If you overeat and don’t work out properly, you won’t get desired results.
Besides, there are healthy ways to curb those hunger pangs that you feel – especially when you’re on a diet. Well, yes, you must even add some of the meals in between so you don’t feel those hunger pangs and start munching on your favorite burgers and pizzas.
Many are there, and one is Salad. Yes, salads are among the healthiest ways to keep your hunger in control while giving you enough room to stay on track with your diet.
Today, here we’ll discuss recipe on such Salad – Tasty Cucumber & Tomato Salad that you can make it within minutes.
Cucumber & Tomato salad is super easy to make. It’s tasty, and all it takes is a few minutes to prepare! It’s a perfect choice for the side dish, small in between meals and almost everything! It needs some handful of ingredients, and you’re ready to go. So, making this Salad is not any hassle. It’s made using cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes. Then toss it with Balsamic Italian dressing, and you’re done.
Ingredients for Healthy Cucumber & Tomato Salad
- Cucumbers – Any type of cucumber will be better. If possible, use one large-sized English cucumber or else six smaller ones.
- Onions – If you can find purple, one goes with that as it doesn’t carry that intense flavor similar to that white cooking onions.
- Tomatoes – Sweet and crunchy cherry or grape tomatoes are fine too.
- Coriander or Cilantro – Handful of chopped fresh cilantro or coriander, whichever you find quickly.
- Seasonings – Get some Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt.
- Oil – Extra virgin olive oil.
- Lemon – 1/2 or more lime as per your taste
- Vinegar – Try to get Balsamic vinegar, or else red wine vinegar will be fine too. Though, it’s suggested Balsamic due to its unique flavor.
Here’s Easy Recipe of Cucumber & Tomato Salad
First, prepare all the veggies – cut cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes in small size.
Once you cut it, add all the veggies into one large bowl.
Now, prepare to dress – Add all the dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix it well.
Lastly, toss that prepared dressing into the bowl of that tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers and mix it well and serve it.
Some Tips Regarding Easy Recipe of Cucumber & Tomato Salad
- Tomatoes – It’s best to use cherry tomatoes, or else you can even go for vine-ripe tomatoes.
- Oil – Olive oil or even grapeseed oil is refined.
- Onions – Find the red onions. It works great, but if you can’t find that one, you can also go for white sweet onions.
- Vinegar – Balsamic will taste better, but red wine vinegar is fine too.
- Seasoning – If you don’t have Italian seasoning. You can look for other options like herbs for making dried parsley, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and basil.
Peeled Cucumber or Not
The cucumber skin is edible, so it’s not harmful if you don’t. However, the smaller cucumber’s skin is thin and perfect for eating, whereas large cucumbers have a bit tough and bitter skin. So, it’s your personal choice whether you want to peel or not.
Tomatoes for Easy Cucumber & Tomato Salad
First, try to look for cherry or grape tomatoes. They taste sweet, crunchy, and tangy. It’s an excellent choice for salads and many other recipes too. Or else you can also go for vine ripe tomatoes – they’re also full of flavor.
Final Thought – Tomatoes & Cucumber Salad Is Healthy
Yes, tomatoes and cucumbers are low in fat and calories. Adding it into your diet as a side meal will help to keep you off those unwanted hunger pangs that often lead to overeating and gaining weight instead of losing it.