Veggie Quesadillas Loaded With Mushrooms, Beans, Onion, Spices, and Flavor
Often, it happens that you might be feeling a bit lazy to prepare a meal, or else there’s nothing much in the fridge that you can use to prepare a good meal, and the grocery store is also too far. If that’s the scenario with you, then you’re not alone. Sometimes, it’s even good to prepare some go-to meals quickly due to time constraints or other reasons instead of skipping meals. One such is a healthy high-protein veggie Quesadilla that you can prepare whenever you want, and amazingly it’s also a great appetizer and a quick healthy meal.
Quesadilla is Mexican food and a taco type that consists of tortilla, mainly filled with cheese, spices, and even meat or sometimes veggies. It’s delicious and packed with high protein, which turns out to be a good choice for those who rely on vegetables as well as who likes to eat meat.
Let’s look into the Quesadilla recipe made using some healthy veggies.
Here’s the List of Ingredients to Prepare Quesadilla
- 4 Keto tortilla wraps
- 2 cups of cottage cheese (low in sodium)
- 2 cups of Cheddar cheese (low fat)
- 1 Sliced pepper
- 1 Sliced onion (small)
- ¼ Cup black beans cooked, rinsed, and drained
- 1 Cup of chopped Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp chopped Zucchini
- Salt (according to taste)
- Hot Sauce
- Salsa (optional)
Directions to Prepare Quesadilla Quickly
- Add mixed sliced pepper, onion, chopped mushrooms, salt, beans, and zucchini in the grill pan and let it grill till it gets tender.
- Mix cottage cheese and that hot sauce you’re using for seasoning.
- Keep the tortilla on the grill in the flat position.
- Now spread that mix on half of the tortilla with cottage cheese, veggies and top it using cheddar cheese.
- Let it cook for around 2 minutes.
- Fold the tortilla over and flip it on another side.
- Cook it for another 2 minutes